Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I firmly believe the only good reason for not reading this book is that you have honestly been living under a huge rock! This is probably the best book I've read in a really, really long time! I mean really? who comes up with this stuff? The whole idea of The Hunger Games is just preposterous, and at the same time so completely intriguing!

Imagine that every year from the ages of 12-18 you had the possiblity of being chosen to participate in a game for your life. This is the reality of life for all teens in the Panem. Each year the hunger games are played out on tv as viewers watch to see who will win, and who will never return home. What i really loved about the book was I felt like I was Katniss. I felt terrifed with every sound she heard, I was tense and nervous as she slept in the tree, I was panting and out of breathe as she ran from the fire, but I wanted to be her, I wanted to participate in the games. What an amazing adventure and a great story. I'm so glad it's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment