Sunday, August 1, 2010

All the World by Liz Garton Scanlon


What an amazing book! Yes, it was a Caldecott honor medalist, so the picture are fantastic, but the story is also fantastic. I think I uttered an almost audible "Awww!" at every turn of every page. The pictures made me wish I was a part of the family I was watching, and at the same time know I am apart of family very similar to the one in the book. This book really touched me and I will making sure everyone of my neices and nephews owns this book!
All the World is a beautiful story of told in rhyme and repetition. A story of going to the beach, going to the farmer's market, going to the town square, going to dinner, no matter where you go we are all the world. We are all a part of one another. "Hope and peace and love and trust all the world is all of us!" BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment