Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Charles and Emma:The Dawins' Leap of Faith by Deborah Heiligman

Charles and Emma is the true story of a real love. We all know that Charles Darwin is the father evolution, a true scientist, but do people know he married his first cousin Emma Wedgewood? The thing about this love affair is that their beliefs were polar opposites. While Charles was discovering evolution, Emma was a devote Christian. These two theories seemingly could not co-exist. Emma's greatest fear was that Charles would go to hell and she would not be able to spend eternity with her one true love. I was truly surprised at how interesting Charles and Emma was, but then again I'm always surprised at how much I enjoy historical fiction. I liked how I totally forgot I was reading about Charles Darwin (yawn) and wasn't just reading a sweet love story. Who would've thought I'd be useing Charles Darwin and sweet love story in the same sentence? Really good read. For sure high on my recommendation list.

No comments:

Post a Comment