Sunday, August 1, 2010

Django: world's greatest jazz guitartist by Bonnie Christensen


Django was born to be a musician, but noone could believe just how great he would become. Then one day he got the offer of a lifetime to play in a big time jazz band, only one thing stops him...a horrible accident! Doctors say he will never play again. Django must struggle through enormous physical and emotional pain, can he do it? Will he become the great jazz guitarist he was meant to be?
I had a really hard time getting into this book. Although the illustrations were lively and colorful, the way the story was told didn't appeal to me. I found myself having to concentrate really hard to understand what was really being said, and re-reading a lot of pages. The story of Django is an amazing tale, what he went through, where he came from...wow! I'd definetly recommend this to older students, probably not elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment