Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Sweetheart of Prosper County by Jill Alexander


I really think I'm that good 'ol country girl at heart, so I was pretty excited to read The Sweetheart of Prosper County by Jill Alexander. It sounded like it was right up my alley.
Austin Gray has always dreamed of riding in the "no Jesus Christmas parade" on the hood of a truck as the FFA Sweetheart, but there were some things she had to do first...like join FFA, raise an animal, show that animal in the stockshow, learn to hunt, and most importantly get voted FFA Sweetheart.
I really did like this book. It was an easy read, and is something I would feel comfortable recommending to my students. I found myself wondering more about other characters though-I wish there would have been more about the town bully, and the friends that Austin makes in FFA. I would have liked to have learned more about the town crazy also. Maybe the author is only giving us these small pieces of information as a tease to a second novel. I'm really kind of hoping so because I could see this being a nice series that isn't about Vampires! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment