Wednesday, July 7, 2010

After by Amy Efaw


Ya know, I've seen the stories on the news...the ones about "dumpster babies", and I immediately start drawing conclusions about the teen mothers. Those conclusions are rarely sympathetic. Amy Efaw changed that. After took me to a place I thought I would never go. It took me to a place of compassion.
As Devon Davenport, top athlete and student, sits in juvenile detention (the last place anyone thought she'd be), she has to comes to terms with a lot of things. Mostly she has to come to terms with what happened to "It". The journey that Efaw took me on was so heart wrenching and so real. I could replace the name of Devon Davenport with any number of MY students. If you think you have an opinion on the issue of "dumpster babies"I challenge you to read this book and not at least think twice about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment